Tag Archives for " article "
If you’re thinking of putting your Candlewood Lake home up for sale, renovating it can make a significant difference in its price.
But not all renovations boost sale price. Before you start buying supplies and contacting local contractors, step back and plan carefully. Some projects are more effective at increasing home value, while others are better left unadded.
Start by consulting your local real estate agent. He or she knows the best updates to sell your home for sale in Candlewood Lake CT.
Doing your due diligence and planning smartly can help you decide the best upgrades that will give a higher return on your investment.
HGTV shares several renovations that will both pay off and boost your home's value.
1. Update the bathroom. You don't have to spend a lot of money to improve the look of your bathroom. There are many simple upgrades you can do that will increase the comfort and style of your bathroom, as well as add equity to the home.
Here are some cost-effective updates for a minor bathroom remodel.
2. Enhance the landscape. When you're selling a home, the first impression is crucial. Buyers make up their mind in the first few seconds they’ve seen your home, so make the most of your home’s curb appeal.
Make sure that you have an attention-worthy landscape. It doesn’t have to be fancy, but it must have charm to create the impression that you take care of the house and your yard.
What are some things you can do to update your home’s landscape?
Spending a little amount of money on your curb appeal will make the home look more appealing, which buyers will pay more for.
3. Give your kitchen a minor renovation. The kitchen is one of most well-used part of the home, especially if you are using your Candlewood lake home as the main home.
These upgrades will not only add equity, it will also make the kitchen a favorite spot in the house.
4. Exterior improvements. Did you know that vinyl siding replacement has a recoup rate of 95%, and a steel door replacement has an ROI of 91%?
Lakefront homes are beautiful, but they are also more exposed to harsh elements. The constant exposures easily damage the sidings, so check your sidings to see if it needs replacement.
Check out these other exterior improvements you can make.
5. Renovate the basement. Increase your home footage by improving the basement. A finished basement is an additional living space and can be converted into a family room, an extra bedroom, a game room, or a home office.
6. Replace old windows. Showcasing your surroundings scenic beauty is important when you live in a waterfront home. Replacing your windows will help the views stand out even better. New windows also let natural light in much better, reducing the need to turn on electric lights which saves you from the additional cost.
Choose energy-efficient windows. These windows help seal the heat better, so you can enjoy the maximum use of your energy.
7. Upgrade your floors and walls. Painting your walls is the most cost-efficient way to upgrade and brighten up your living space.
If your carpet floors are already worn out, rip it up and check what’s underneath. You can also choose to replace your floor with hardwood, laminate or tile.
You can learn more updates here: https://www.hgtv.com/design/real-estate/top-home-updates-that-pay-off-pictures
Renovations are not cheap, so plan your updates well. If your Candlewood Lake home is well-maintained and structurally sound, the updates will only mean a few cosmetic changes.
Learn the best renovations for your home for sale in Candlewood Lake CT. Call me, Deborah Laemmerhirt, at 203-994-4297. Let’s discuss the best updates that will boost your home value.
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view HGTV's Top Upgrades to Boost Your Waterfront Property Value on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aMRftqj3HE